ARC is not meant to be a stand-alone program. For anyone who is dealing with substance use issues and/or addictive behaviours, it is likely that a variety of services will be needed in order for recovery to be more successful. We highly encourage members to seek outside help apart from our meetings, as there is only so much that our group can do and provide. This is why we also offer information at our meetings about local treatment centres, mental health services, employment centres, housing services, financial aid, and more.
For a full list of these services, we suggest taking a look at the “From Rollercoaster to Recovery” guidebook by the Family Advisory Committee. You can obtain a free web version of this guide here: http://www.f-a-c.ca/.
Below is a list of some of the main addiction and mental health services in Ottawa.
Ottawa Addictions Access and Referral Services (OAARS)
- To help people navigate the addictions treatment system so that they can find the solutions they need and the treatment option that is right for them or their loved ones. Offers screening, assessments, and referrals while providing support and guidance.
- 338 Montreal Rd #101, Ottawa, ON K1L 6B3
The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
- The Royal is a specialized mental health centre for treating people with a wide-range of mental illnesses. Programs consist of teams of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, addiction counsellors, occupational therapists, social workers, recreation therapists, child and youth counsellors, and more.
- 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1Z 7K4
General info: 613-722-6521
Substance Use & Concurrent Disorders Program: 613-722-6521 ext. 6158
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Ottawa
- Offers a variety of services and programs that are accessible to both the public and other support organizations. These include Community Support Services, Capacity Building and Education, Concurrent Disorders Treatment, and treatment for those with a Dual Diagnosis.
- 1355 Bank Street, Suite 301, Ottawa, ON K1H 8K7
Rideauwood Addiction and Family Services
- Provides a range of addiction treatment programs tailored to the needs of adult clients and their families. Programs: Adult Addictions, Problem Gambling, Drug Treatment Court, Concurrent Disorders, Ontario Works Addiction Program, and programs for families and family members.
- 312 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4X5
Serenity House Addiction Treatment Services
- Provides long-term residential treatment for men with substance use disorders using evidence-based, holistic approaches. Some of the complex needs addressed include psychiatric disorders, homelessness, cultural specific issues, educational restrictions, health challenges, pharmacological complications, and trauma.
- 103 Leopolds Drive, Ottawa, ON K1V 7E2
Tel: (613) 733-3574
Community Addictions Peer Support Association (CAPSA)
- Empowering individuals impacted by addiction by providing opportunities to integrate into the broader community through peer support initiatives and community engagement projects.
- P.O. Box 23121 Fairlawn Plaza, Ottawa, ON K2A 1H0
Serenity Renewal for Families
- Offers ongoing education and counselling services that assist a wide spectrum of clients as young as 5 to 85 and over. Focus areas include one-on-one counselling, adult education workshops, life skills training, youth/parent/family counselling and workshops, and outreach programs.
- 202-2255 St. Laurent Blvd, Ottawa, ON K1G 4K3
Amethyst Women’s Addiction Centre
- Provides alternative addiction services to women, recognizing and addressing the unique needs and issues faced by women who use substances. They are committed to working with diverse and marginalized groups of women, with the aim of supporting women, individually and together, to take control of factors affecting health and well-being.
- 488 Wilbrod Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 6M8
For information on Detox Centres in Ottawa, please see our Medical Detox page.