ARC’s Code of Conduct is a set of guidelines that we expect all of our group attendees and volunteers to hold to and abide by. All members of the group should take pride in ensuring that our meetings are a safe, positive, and harassment-free atmosphere while aiming to make everyone in attendance feel welcome and accepted.
Code of Conduct
- We recognize that as a “peer” support group, all members of ARC are equal participants in all discussions.
- We accept that we are responsible for our own recovery.
- We appreciate that there are many different paths to recovery and respect the choices of others, no matter which path they have chosen.
- We must be honest about our own issues and respectful of the challenges faced by others.
- We will maintain the anonymity of other members and the details they share.
- We encourage the pursuit of recovery from addiction through the use of science-based methodologies and through the examples provided by other members.
- We pledge to not attend meetings under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or pharmaceutical drugs that impair our judgement.
- We will promote reasonable discussion of all addiction related issues.
- We must strive to ensure that all participants in our meetings feel welcome and safe regardless of their gender, disability, physical appearance, religion, sexual orientation, or membership in other support groups.
- We will respect other member’s individual perspectives and treat all participants as we ourselves would like to be treated.
- We will not engage in any behavior that is predatory, exploitative or demeaning to others.